Monday, September 27, 2004

A prayer answered

w.bloggar does do titles.

But this is where we have to get serious. I'm not blogging for fun. I'm trying to sort myself out. And here is where I expect to be the most honest.

Next year, I shall turn fifty. It's about time that I tried to resolve some of the questions which have tripped me up just about every day since I was twenty (and younger). Like - who invented Monday mornings? I started work at 09:15 this morning. It is now approaching 11:45 (two and a half hours later), and I still (being honest) have achieved nothing. I've pootled around - maybe, yes, if I started now, it would still take me two and a half hours to reach the point where I could seriously start to diminish the height of the 'to-do mountain'. I seem to have circled around the blogging tools, and arrived back with w.bloggar. Which is fine. And, if a title really does appear, then I shall be over the moon, and truly grateful.

But, I've been in some bad places too. Websites which, in current parlance, are not 'worksafe'. Why do I go there? Let's not go there again.

And turn back to what I should be doing. Working. Supporting users (note - 'supporting users', not 'rolling out the managed desktop', or 'rolling out eDiary', or whatever). But what users want my support? And what is the right way to give it to them?

No comments: