Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Irony

I am not good at communicating. In many ways, I am afraid to communicate. I have learned that the easiest way to lose friends is to say what you think, which happens not to be what they think. So, I resort to saying what I think in a blog (some of the time). It doesn't matter if you disagree with me, because I didn't count you among my friends in the first place (except that at least one of you I do count as a friend, and I apologise if what I have written seems unkind). My point is that here I will try to say what I mean - if you can handle this, then please stay.

1 comment:

Karin said...

I think you'll find you're not alone. It's amazing how different a meaning a seemingly explicit few words can have for the person who hears them than for the person who says them.

Sometimes we use words lazily, but I think those who hear can bring a lot of baggage into what they hear.