Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm getting better

A diagnosis may be a long way off - indeed may never happen - but as a working hypothesis, the idea that I could be further along the spectrum towards Asperger's Syndrome than most people has helped me enormously. I can allow myself to be meticulous - I can be patient with myself - I can allow myself to worry at a problem until I've solved it - recognising that in some circumstances it can be a strength.

And not blame myself for my weaknesses ...

1 comment:

Karin said...

I think we all need to be more accepting of our differences and short-comings. Society can hold up a particular type of person as desirable and 'successful', but few of us fit that entirely.

In turn we also need to be more accepting of other people's differences and short-comings, which the Lord's Prayer exhorts us to do.

If only society worked more like that!