Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Thanks to Dr Who

Not so much for becoming essential Christmas viewing, but for giving me an hour's peace while everybody else watches it. I was going to be sociable and join the rest of the family, but with a couple of minutes to go, I decided that I just couldn't. I don't really know why I don't like Dr Who, but I don't, except for the 'wibbly wobbly timey wimey' episode, which wasn't really about him. So I've spent an hour flying (Microsoft Flight Simulator), and here I am, updating my blog.

On the whole, Christmas has been a success. The younger members of the family seem to be happy with their presents; Christmas dinner was enjoyed. I, to be honest, found it hard going. Still, I'm enjoying these few moments of quiet reflection, while the doctor, presumably, saves the world (again).

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised...especially since I'm going to be marrying someone from Portsmouth...but it always amazes me that people in other countries far, far away live lives so similar to my own. I can relate to this. I also feel overwhelmed by the needs of my family so much and I am always looking for ways to escape from them...even if just for a few minutes. When Gary came here the first time, he was shocked that I avoided the kids...he felt I should be interacting with them. But he just doesn't get it. I just can't be with them all the time. I'd die inside. Somehow I feel that you know exactly what I mean.