Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas movie

The Christmas holidays are an opportunity for our family to go and see a film. I guess that it must have been two years ago that we saw The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. This year I've been thinking of going to see The Golden Compass, but I've just started to read the book, and suspect that I would be irritated by differences between the book and the film (and I've heard that there are some significant ones). So I was interested to watch a review this evening on BBC News 24 of Disney's Enchanted. Then we watched the trailer on apple.com, and everybody seems to be pleased with the idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, this is me, again, trying out OpenID ...

Anonymous said...

Its not so much the differences than the fact that the film ends way before the book and creates a totally different feel - don't want to give away too much in case you aren't near finishing the book. Also the complex ideas in the book are (to my mind anyway) too rushed in the film. I think for those who haven't read the book esp. children, I just think it could be too confusing. I haven't seen Enchanted but it sounds like a better bet. Enjoy whatever you see but take out a mortgage first - we paid £7 per adult plus popcorn etc!