Sunday, April 11, 2004

Since I am here ...

Let's give things some thought. Why are people still opposed to Jesus? Why would they rather believe some scientist who pretends to be able to explain that Jesus really didn't rise from the dead, than a bishop of the Anglican church who argues that he did?

It's Easter Sunday. I am an ordinary human being. I have never seen anyone rise from the dead, nor, honestly, do I expect to. But I reckon that Jesus did rise from the dead. This is the bottom line. (Sorry about the cliche - what I am trying to say is that here is something which cannot be avoided.) Either you live your life, based on the assumption that he didin't rise from the dead, or you take it as gospel that he did. If you think that he did, but that it is somehow irrelevant, you're wrong. If someone rose from the dead, then it matters.

No comments: