Thursday, July 14, 2005

Explanation

What was supposed to be distinctive about this blog? I would write the entries on my handheld computer - in those days a Handspring Visor - hence the blog\'s title. The Visor has been replaced - I now, mainly, use a palmOne Tungsten E - it has a colour screen, a rechargeable battery, and more modern software. On the whole, though, it isn\'t necessarily better, and I have found myself occasionally sneaking back to my old faithful. Increasingly, though, the older device has had difficulty talking to newer computers (synchronising), and yesterday I decided to retire it.

Perhaps in a subsequent entry I can discuss the mysteries of Graffiti 1 & 2, and TealScript.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Thank you, Chas. Yes that is the drawback with ever newer technology, the old eventually becomes obsolete - although the wheel is still holding its own. ;0)

Long day today, went to Leeds castle with in-laws who arrived yesterday. Lovely grounds and some nice shady areas, but we had to be in the sun some of the time. It was very hot down here.