Monday, February 04, 2008

I'm not cut out for this

To-morrow, I have to stand at the front of a lecture theatre, and give a presentation. Essentially, it's the same spiel as I gave two weeks ago, but the venue is daunting, being a proper lecture theatre. Also, having to talk with academics frightens me, especially this particular group, as the department where I used to work (18 years ago) is part of this school. There will be people in the audience alongside whom I used to work.

I have to go through with it, but I wonder if I shall ever be in control of my life, able to say, "no," to things which I really don't want to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But think how little we would achieve if we all said no to things we really don't want to do. Most of us need to be stretched and made to leave our comfort zones from time to time.

I agree we shouldn't be forced to join the army or do something dangerous but few people die from giving presentations. I bet its gone really well!