Saturday, October 06, 2007

How can we expect to remain sane?

The children have found a couple of blow-up beds, and are planning to camp tonight in the lounge. I simply don't have a strategy for getting them to sleep at a certain time. Even if I did, I'm too tired to implement it. This is one of the Catch 22s of parenting. At just the point where you really need to be strong and fresh (to get these children to go to bed, and to sleep), you yourself are tired, probably tireder than they are.

Maybe I should just take myself off to bed, and leave them to it ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest waiting till the holidays and then do just that. They might just take the hint that if dad and or mum has gone to bed then its bedtime. I had no choice but to do that once my son became a teenager, he rarely needs to sleep before 1am. That's assuming you don't have anything lurking in the living room that you think might be dangerous or have Sky with unsuitable channels they might access.

If it doesn't work no real harm will have come to their sleeping patterns during the holidays and you can go back to normal when they go back to school.