Monday, October 08, 2007

Why am I updating here?

It's a fair question. I have another blog, where I'm part of a community. I'm pretty sure that if I wrote there some of what I'm writing here, it would be read sympathetically. I do know that some people do read what I write here, and I really do appreciate that, too. I suppose that when I post a wiblog, I am conscious that I am contributing. I can't quite let myself go.

What I am trying to do here is simply to write a diary which happens to be online. To-day was tough, because I was tired. But I'm here, and as far as I know I didn't make any terrible mistakes (but I did lose my temper with my son this morning). And I can hear from the living room raised voices, so I'm not the only one who's struggling.

I saw my GP this morning, and was disappointed that she seemed intent on getting me out the door as quickly as she could. I'm not clinically depressed, and she could see that, so I suppose that from her point of view I was just wasting her time.

1 comment:

Karin said...

That is very disappointing, Chas, but I guess the system is probably overloaded.

Could you ask the doctor or the counsellor you saw for a list of counsellors you could continue with privately? It would be a worthwhile investment for the whole family.